Thursday, October 16, 2008
Yesterday me and some thirty students went on an IT tour somewhere in Ortigas. No it's not some call center but an IT company who originally from Japan. We all attended an orientation about the company and what on Earth is their job. As the orientation went by, I saw something that originally found only in my dreams...to go to Japan! This is it, this company is offering me all the things I dreamed of.
These were the things that really made me want to go to this company
1. Work is from 7:30AM - 4:30PM or 9:00AM - 6:00PM
2. There is no Saturday work.
3. You got to be trained in programming for FREE.
4. You got to learn Nihonggo for FREE.
5. You can go to Japan all expenses paid by the company.
6. Really really cute girl programmers (MOE~!)
The list goes on. As I talked with their HR manager, she told me that I can apply to their company anytime I want. She asked me if I had any experience in the industry, which by the way is zero, but she said it was okay. Then she told me, "You know, you are a teacher, and teaching is a noble profession."
Now I am in a dilemma, should I continue my teaching career or should I pursue the software engineering career?