Saturday, November 27, 2010
Tech Friday: COMDDAP Expo 2010
COMDDAP or Computer Manufacturers, Distributors & Dealers Association of the Philippines will be having their annual expo this December 2 up to December 5, 2010. For those who are wondering what's this expo is all about, it's just the showcase of well renowned IT companies from all around the world. 51 companies will either display their latest product, or will try to meet their last quarter sales by selling their products in rock bottom prices. Expect the likes of Microsoft and Apple. Intel and AMD, and many many more. Details and event schedule after the jump.
COMDDAP Expo 2010
December 2 - December 5, 2010
SM Mall of Asia SMX Convention
10:00AM - 7:00PM
OLDEST PC HUNT
1. The ‘HUNT’ is open to
individuals residing in the Philippines excluding COMDDAP EXPO MANILA 2010 organizers and staff up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity; and
Philippine-owned and based private companies, government institutions, and ‘ non-profit organizations excluding those who are classified as part of the I.C.T. industry in all levels as distributors, resellers, representatives and agents of PC manufacturers, brands or services;
2. PC units to be entered in the ‘HUNT’ must be in its original form, not necessarily working, and with its basic original components intact;
3. The ‘HUNT’ entries must conform to the following definition:
Microcomputer designed for use by an individual at one time;
Comprised of the following components: central processing unit (CPU), internal memory consisting of RAM and ROM;
Capable of connecting to a data storage device (i.e. hard disc, floppy disc, cassette drives, CD/ROM/DVD, etc.) and input/output device.
4. Entry forms will be made available together with the contest rules in the www.comddap.org site. These forms must be accomplished in full and sent via (a) email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ; (b) faxed to +632 8156531; (c) delivered by postage to: The COMDDAP Secretariat, 7F SEDCCO Building, Rada Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City. Entries must be postmarked or dated no later than October 31, 2010.
5. All entries will be reviewed by the Organizers to ensure that no duplication of models or brands are entered. In the event that there are duplications, the first to submit their entry (to be based on the postmarked [if mailed] or date [if sent via email or facsimile] is qualified to join.
6. Qualified entry owners will be contacted by the COMDDAP Secretariat via telephone and email to confirm the entry.
7. The ‘Hunt’ PC entries are expected to be at the COMDDAP Secretariat Office on or before November 15, 2010. These units remain to be the sole property of the owners, as defined in the official entry form.
8. Qualified entries will be displayed (from December 2 to 5), judged, and awarded during the Opening Ceremony of COMDDAP EXPO MANILA 2010 event on December 2 at the SMX Convention Center, Pasay City.
Entry Process & Form
1. Download the form from www.comddap.org site.
2. Entries (included in the form) must be accomplished in full to include the following data:
(a) Owner’s Name;
(b) Complete Address;
(c) Contact Number/s;
(d) Email Address/es; and
(e) Full Description of PC citing the (1) brand; (2) Model; (3) Accessories/Peripherals included; and (4) Working or Non-working.
3. All entries should be accompanied with a photo that will show the unit in full clarity.
1. PC Unit’s state [completeness – main board and CPU; all components intact] – 70%
2. Age of PC Unit [launching date pf PC model in the market*] – 30%
Bonus points maybe given to working PCs at the time of submission to the COMDDAP Secretariat or of display (December 2, 2010).
NOTE: Old PCs that may qualify: Apple II, Commodore 64s, IBM PCXT or other 1st generation units, Altair 8800b, 1960 Digital PDP-1
COMDDAP AUCTION 2010
1. There will be a maximum of two (2) auctions per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, depending on the number of event participants who are willing to have their products auctioned off.
2. Items to be auctioned will be displayed either physically in the auction area or via picture in the projector screen with the corresponding specifications and suggested retail prices (SRPs).
3. The auctioneer will start the auction by announcing and describing the item to be auctioned starting with the agreed starting bid price.
4. Qualified bidders will be allowed to give their bid offer on the floor.
5. All of the offered bid prices will be displayed on the projector screen as the auctioneer conducts the bidding process.
6. The auctioneer will give three (3) opportunities for any bidder to give his last offer after which the bid process ends. Highest bid wins.
7. Each bidding has a maximum of ten (10) minutes to complete.
8. A Certificate or Confirmation Slip will be given to the winning bidder (after each bid) as a proof, and to be used for processing of payment and claim.
1. For Activity Participants/ Vendors
a. Interested activity participants (limited to confirmed event exhibitors only) can submit registration form to the COMDDAP Secretariat, subject to approval by the committee in charge.
b. Items to be auctioned off should be submitted/delivered to the COMDDAP Secretariat, and PRIOR to the event dates. Vendor should indicate the starting bid price, and the suggested retail price (SRP).
2. For Bidders
a. Interested bidders should register at the Registration Counter, or the area designated for Auction Registration.
b. Daily Auction is open to both the exhibit visitors and the personnel of the event participants/exhibitors.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The auctioned items that had a winning bid, should be paid in cash or credit card, or dependent on the vendor’s policy on the same day that it was auctioned off. Otherwise, the bidding exercise is forfeited.
2. Warranty of items will be based on the vendor’s policy.
3. 10% of the winning bid price will be “donated” to COMDDAP, which in turn will be added to the corporate social responsibility (CSR) funds of the event.
WHAT ITEMS ARE QUALIFIED FOR AUCTION
1. Only items worth One Thousand Pesos only (Php 1,000.00) and over are qualified for auction.
2. All items to be auctioned off should be ICT related.